A honeymoon is not just a vacation! Rather, it is a perfect way of celebrating that ideal nuptial bond. So, why not cherish it at the top honeymoon destinations in India. Offering you lots of time to know each other while spending some memorable moments, these places spell romance like no other. From the ethereal beauty of Kerala, golden deserts of Thar to scenic beaches of the Andaman, you will fall in love again with every single place.
Owing to offering a multitude of surprises, India will surely make you ditch the international destinations. I bet, choosing this vibrant country as your ultra-private honeymoon destination won’t disappoint you at all. So, why not stay forever on a honeymoon at these most romantic places in India?
How about completing the picture of your ideal honeymoon destination by including Mall road, the ridge and a toy train? Famed as one of the popular hill stations in India, Shimla is the right place for newly married couples to enjoy a dreamlike holiday. Exuding an old world charm, the capital city of Himachal Pradesh is surely one of the best honeymoon places in India. The nearest railway station to Shimla is Kalka whereas Chandigarh and Delhi airport serves as the closest airport.
Things to do in Shimla to make your honeymoon special
- Ice Skating
- Watch the sunrise from Chadwick Falls.
- Go for a long romantic walk.
Best time to visit Shimla for honeymoon: Throughout the year
A paradise for skiing lovers, Auli remains high on awesomeness and never runs out of it! Offering a quintessential far-flung escape, the place is perfect for treasuring an ideal Indian honeymoon. If by chance you too have a long-lasting urge to spend your honeymoon in the lap of the snow-covered mountains, then Auli has got you right. Romantic hideouts, picturesque lakes and astounding viewpoints make it blissful beyond description. Jolly Grant Airport is the nearest airport whereas Rishikesh Railway Station is the closest railhead to Auli.
Things to do in Auli to make your honeymoon special
- Rejoice in cable-car ride from Joshimath.
- Trek to Gurso Bugyal.
- Soak in the comforts of luxury at lavish resorts.
- Make your own snowman and Click lots of pictures with it.
- Admire the beauty of stunning lakes like Chattrakund Lake and Auli Artificial Lake.
Best time to visit Auli for honeymoon: Throughout the year
When it is the much-awaited phase, why not stay on the honeymoon for life in Darjeeling? Snuggled up amidst the tranquil environs, the charismatic hill town boasts of a magical aura. Take your better half to this one of the top 10 honeymoon destinations in India to plan a romantic date that looks straight out of a fairytale. Besides showering your love, surprise your spouse by presenting a fine collection of orchids and rhododendrons. The nearest airport to Darjeeling is Bagdogra and New Jalpaiguri Railway Station is nestled in close proximity.
Things to do in Darjeeling to make your honeymoon special
- Embarking upon the toy train, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, to revel in a joyride is an absolute must.
- Sip a hot cup of Darjeeling tea while relaxing amidst soothing tea plantations.
- Bask in the bliss at the serene monasteries.
- Feel the adrenalin rush while you both partake in river rafting.
- Savor world-best Momos and Thukpa
Best time to visit Darjeeling for honeymoon: October to May .
Inviting and enthralling, Andaman is synonymous with romance to many honeymooners and love-struck travelers. Offering a treasure trove of surprises, the destinations beguiles you with never-ending experiences, No wonder, the beautiful archipelago is one of the most sought-after places to visit in India for honeymoon. How about surprising your significant other with an underwater proposal? If the idea excites you, scuba diving in Andaman is for you. You will definitely love coming back to this place time and again. Andaman has its own airport at the Port Blair. In addition, ships sail from Vizag, Chennai & Kolkata daily.
Things to do in Andaman to make your honeymoon special
- Indulge in a number of water sports like snorkeling and so on.
- Bask in the sunshine at the popular beaches in Andaman.
- Spend some ‘We’ time at the secluded islands.
- Marvel at the breathtaking sunset views at Radhanagar Beach.
- Travel on a seaplane.
Best time to visit Andaman for honeymoon: October to May
Pride of North East India, Gangtok automatically remains on the bucket list of newlyweds searching for places to go for honeymoon in India. Exuding unmatched beauty, the capital city of Sikkim has lots to offer. Make your honeymoon in Gangtok a timeless experience by treating yourself to some of the best sights. In fact, the peaceful vibes prevailing at the enchanting monasteries will surely take all the weariness of your wedding away. New Jalpaiguri is the nearest railway station and those who want to fly to Gangtok can disembark from a flight at Bagdogra Airport.
Things to do in Gangtok to make your honeymoon special
- Reach Tiger Hill before the sun rises.
- Stroll amidst emerald tea gardens.
- Appreciate an enthralling ropeway ride.
- Plan an excursion to Tsomgo Lake on a Yak.
- Refresh your mind, body and soul at Peace Pagoda and attractive monasteries.
Best time to visit Gangtok for honeymoon: Throughout the year
Another beautiful gem in the crown of Tamil Nadu, Coonoor is one of the best offbeat honeymoon destinations in India. The scenic hill station inspires you to come together to curate unforgettable experiences every couple looks forward to. Red-tile rooftops, soul-soothing tea gardens, mystic hiking trails make this place a picture-perfect destination. Commence your married life with the best vacation of your life at Coonoor. Positioned in close proximity to Ooty, this is one of the most peaceful hill stations you will come across the country. Peelamedu Airport is the nearest airport and the hill town has its own railhead. Explore Coonoor sightseeing packages.
Things to do in Coonoor to make your honeymoon special:
- Sip on the very popular Nilgiri tea.
- Witness amazing views from Dolphin’s nose viewpoint.
- Take a trip to St. George’s Church.
- Embark on Nilgiri Mountain Railway to rejoice in an amazing train journey.
- Plan a road trip to Lamb’s Rock.
Best time to visit Coonoor for honeymoon: October to March
Ensuring a remote escape, Lakshadweep is a dream destination of many newly married couples. The hushed and isolated islands account for the best honeymoon places in India. Take your significant other on a wonderful sojourn to discover a true paradise on Earth. Standing out amongst the rest of the places, this spellbinding archipelago makes your honeymoon truly exceptional. Flaunting palm-fringed coral islands with sparkling white sand, these islands offer a visual retreat. Get enough chance to lose yourself into each other as time seems to stop here. Ships and flights ply from Kochi to help you reach Lakshadweep easily. Also, there is an airport at Agatti Island.
Things to do in Lakshadweep to make your honeymoon special:
- Go for island hopping.
- Discover what lies deep down the azure waters with scuba diving.
- Stroll along pristine beaches.
- Plan an outing to Agatti Island to try couple’s boating.
- Go for swimming in crystal blue waters.
Best time to visit Lakshadweep for honeymoon: October to March
8. Leh and Ladakh
The thrill that you experience at Leh and Ladakh turns a honeymoon into an ideal romantic escapade. Blessed with fabulous landscapes, this place is for all who want to spend their honeymoon a bit differently. Indeed heaven on earth, the place stands next to none in leaving you spoilt for choices it offers for a romantic holiday. Whether you want to admire the beauty of the color changing lake or you want to pacify your adrenaline rush, Leh-Ladakh is the right place to be at. Tawi is the nearest railway station but the best way to reach Ladakh is by air. The closest airport is Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport situated in Leh.
Things to do in Leh and Ladakh to make your honeymoon special:
- Sleep under the stars while cherishing glamping.
- Spice up your honeymoon by trying your hands at different adventure activities.
- Go for camel safari.
- Spend some serene moments amidst utter tranquility at Shanti Stupa.
- Unveil the secrets of the mysterious Zanskar Valley.
Best time to visit Leh and Ladakh for honeymoon: April to June and September to October
Carrying the baton of being one of the good places for honeymoon in India, Ooty has its own share of surprises to share. Owing to being positioned charismatically amidst the stunning Nilgiri Hills, this popular hill station in south India is simply magical. Besides, what makes this place a wonderland for the honeymooners is a beautiful array of rose gardens, small cottages, botanical gardens, lakes and so on. The meandering pathways urge you to make the most of your much-awaited vacay here. Mettupalayam is the nearest railway station from Ooty and the nearest domestic airport is Coimbatore.
Things to do in Ooty to make your honeymoon special:
- Take a toy train ride offered by Nilgiri Mountain Railway, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Explore Ooty Lake.
- Fall head over heels for each other at Avalanche Lake.
- Behold the sight of Catherine Falls cascading down from 250 feet.
- Trek to Doddabetta Peak.
Best time to visit Ooty for honeymoon: All year round
Munnar is among those places that aptly fill the voids in our soul with love. Tied to the state of Kerala, Munnar is one of the top hill stations that are perfect for a romantic getaway. This one of the best honeymoon places in south India offers you the kind of calm setting where all there is greenery, charming views, and pleasant weather. Not only couples get to spend time and celebrate love but they also have a chance to explore the surroundings. That being said, Munnar sits close to the Aluva railway station and Cochin International Airport. Travelers can get a cab easily to access the town.
Things to do in Munnar to make your honeymoon special:
- Visit Top Station for a stunning view of the Nilgiris.
- Hear back your loved one’s name at Echo Point.
- Shikara ride on Kundala Lake.
- Feel bliss amid the aromatic tea plantations.
- Relax your senses with Ayurvedic Spa treatment.
Best time to visit Munnar for honeymoon: September to November; January to March
- 11 famous Indian food you should try
- Top plces to visit in india
- top 10 places to eat in Amritsar
- 10 cheap countries for indian where they feel like a king.
Thanks to read