Biceps are the bulging muscles on the front of the upper arm. When you flex your arms, they are the ones you are showing off. Making your biceps bigger involves more than doing the same exercises over and over. Learn different strategies, biceps exercises, supporting muscle group exercises, and lifestyle changes that promote bigger, stronger biceps.
Follow these steps;-
1. Do dumbbell curls.
Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Hold dumbbells in either hand at your sides, with your arms fully extended and your palms turned in. Curl the dumbbells to your chest.
- Do between 6 and 8 reps and 2 sets. Increase to 3 sets after a week or two. After that, you can increase the weight of the dumbbells.
- If you don’t have dumbbells, you can also use kettlebells or barbells
Tip: If you don’t have weights handy, you can use some common household objects, like a full milk jug or water bottles filled with rice.
2. Do incline dumbbell curls.
Sit on a workout chair at a 45-degree incline. Place your feet on the floor and hold the dumbbells at your sides with your arms fully extended. Alternate your hands and curl one dumbbell at a time. Curl until the dumbbell is level with your shoulder and your elbow is totally bent, then slowly lower the dumbbell back to the starting position.
- Do between 6 and 8 reps and 2 sets. Increase to 3 sets after a week or two, then add more weight as you get stronger.
- You may find that you’ll have to use a lower weight for this exercise than you use for regular dumbbell curls. That’s not an issue; the inclined position makes it more difficult to lift, so your biceps are still getting a great workout.
3. Do concentration curls
Sit on an exercise seat with your feet flat on the ground shoulder-width apart. Lean forward so that your right elbow is touching the inside of your right knee, and your arm is fully extended. Curl the dumbbell toward your chest, keeping your elbow in the same spot.
- You can place your opposite hand on your opposite knee for stability.
- Do between 6 and 8 reps and 2 sets, then repeat with your left arm.
4. Do chin-ups
This exercise may be difficult at first, but it’s an excellent way to increase the size of your biceps. Grip a bar with your hands placed shoulder-width apart and your palms facing you. Cross your feet and lift your body until your chin is higher than your hands. Slowly lower your body back to the starting position.
- Do between 6 and 8 reps and 2 sets. Increase to 8 – 12 reps and 3 sets once you have gained strength.
- To increase the intensity of this exercise, wear a weighted belt. Add more weight as you get stronger over time.
What to eat with workout;-
1. Reduce your intake of high-calorie foods.
When you’re training a lot, you need to make sure you get plenty of calories for energy, but eating too much can create a layer of fat on your body that will obscure the muscles you’re working so hard to build.
- Choose vegetables, fruits, and whole grains.
- Drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated and ease your hunger pangs after working out.
2. Eat a lot of protein.
Protein helps build muscles, so it’s recommended that you eat 0.8 g of protein per pound of body weight while you’re training.
- Eat poultry, fish, beef, pork, eggs, nuts, seeds, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, milk, and other sources of protein to build your muscles.
- Beans, leafy greens, tofu, and other vegetarian sources of protein are also good choices.
3. Consider Creatine
Creatine is an amino acid naturally produced by the body to build big, strong muscles. Many bodybuilders take creatine supplements to help them achieve their training goals. Although it isn’t approved by the FDA, creatine is considered to be safe when taken in 5-gram doses.
- Choose a powdered creatine supplement that can be mixed with water and ingested several times a day.
- After an initial “loading” period during which you drink high amounts of creatine to build it up in your body, taper off to a maintenance dosage.
|20 kg of adjustable dumble||Tap to buy|
|Home Gym and Fitness kit||Tap to buy|
|Best Fitness Green Tea||Tap to buy|
|Fitness Tracking Smart Watch||Tap to buy|
|Pair of 2 dumbles (1kg)||Tap to buy|